BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Alex. Sound like an average kid aye? Nah, I'm a bit more COMPLEX. I have an electric wheelchair that I use to get around. The number one reason I'm making this blog is because so many people ask me so many questions as my wheels seem to intrigue them into wanting to know more. Before any questions are asked, let me clear up the one most common one I get.. 

Q: DO YOU SLEEP IN YOUR WHEELCHAIR.
A: No, no no no no! Hahah, I mean, I could.. but it would not be exactly the picture of comfort.
Let's see what else I can let you know. . . 
Well your next questions is usually wanting to know what my "disease" is. So, I'll do my best right now to explain in a simple way. I have a type of MD(Muscular Dystrophy) called SMA II(Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 2). I could go into detail, but for the sake of time I'll tell you basics. It basically makes my muscles much weaker then yours. With weaker muscles comes more complications. Every single muscle is weaker: swallowing, hands, neck, legs, everything. I hate when people try to give me sympathy, cause I'm not looking for it nor do I need it. I love being in a wheelchair and it makes me who I am.. a normal teenager with extra opportunities. (: I'll keep you updated. Feel free to ask any questions!

comment!

1 comments:

Jason Tweed said...

What, you don't sleep in your wheelchair?

My other favorite questions have to do with dating. I love when people are surprised that my wife can walk.

Great start to your blog. I'll keep reading if you keep writing!